• Открой
    • Еда
    • Природа
    • Культура
    • Семья
    • Спорт
    • Сообщество
    • Блог
    У Вас появились свободные выходные, чтобы провести с детьми? Здесь собраны лучшие места в Южной Эстонии для семейного отдыха
  • Планируй
    • Размещение
    • Информация
    • Varamu
    Sustainability
RUS
  • РусскийRUS
  • EestiEST
  • EnglishENG
  • LatviešuLAT
  • SuomiFIN
RUS
  • РусскийRUS
  • EestiEST
  • EnglishENG
  • LatviešuLAT
  • SuomiFIN
Populaarsed otsingud:
Näita kõiki tulemusi
  • History & Culture
  • Architecture and history
  • Churches

Vastseliina Church

Võru vald, Võru maakond, 65223

Vastseliina Castle was built in 1342. The Swedish Army gave the order to build another church outside the walls of the castle as an addition to the Vastseliina Castle Chapel. The new church was consecrated as St. Catherine’s Church. The church was destroyed together with the Vastseliina Castle by Russian cannon fire. Another church was built, and construction began on a stone church. Von Liphardt donated an organ made by Kessler and an alter painting by Baron Maydell to the church. Vastseliina Church was reconstructed according to the plans of the architect Pohlmann. In 1911 the church obtained a new organ built by the brothers Kriisa. Church service is held on Sunday.

Mugavused

  • Free parking

Часы работы

1. sept - 14. mai

По предварительному заказу

15. mai - 31. aug

E-L10:00 - 17:00
P10:00 - 15:00

Контакты

  • +372 53005155
  • vastseliina@eelk.ee

Ссылки

Подробнее

  • Churches

Tartu Saint George the Martyr Church of the Russian Apostolic Orthodox Church

An orthodox congregation was established in Tartu in 1845 and Priest Joosep Shestakovski (1856–1888) initiated the building of an orthodox church. Tartu Saint George the Martyr Church was built using donations from the congregation and it was consecrated in honour of Saint George by Bishop of Riga and Mitav Benjamin in 1870.

  • Churches

Roman Catholic Church of Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary

You are welcome to admire the Gothic red brick house of God (architect Wilhelm Schilling). The Church of Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary is the only Roman Catholic church in Tartu. The cornerstone was placed in 1862 and the church was consecrated in 1899. You will find the painting "Virgin Mary with Jesus" (1905) by Ernst Friedrich von Liphardt and a large crucifix carved of lime tree (1935) in the high-vaulted church.Interesting facts: - even Tsar Nicholas II donated 3000 roubles for the construction of the church in 1894 when Priest Friedrich Zhyskar started raising funds for building the church.

  • Churches

The Liphardt tomb chapel

The Vastseliina manor chapel, popularly called the Liphardt tomb chapel, is situated in the old cemetery of Vastseliina (also known as the German cemetery). The chapel was completed in the same year as the current Vastseliina church, in 1772.The Liphardts, one of the wealthiest noble families of Livonia, governed the entire Vastseliina parish from Misso to Orava and ruled Vastseliina for seven generations. In addition to Vastseliina, the family also owned several other manors, including the Raadi manor.The Vastseliina manor chapel is one of the most remarkable examples of early classicist rural chapels.Visitors are welcome to see the exterior of the chapel only.

  • Churches

Nõo Holy Trinity Church of the Estonian Apostolic Orthodox Church

There is a remarkable historicist Orthodox church with quarrystone and brick walls and five onion-cupolas in Nõo small borough.The Nõo Congregation was founded in 1852 for Estonian Orthodox Christians who previously belonged to the Tartu Georgi congregation. The architecturally remarkable church is made of quarrystone and red bricks and has a bell-tower in the western side. It was completed in 1873. The interior architecture of the church is simple and the iconostasis dates back to the late 19th century.Services are held in the Holy Trinity Church in Nõo on the second Saturday of each month.

  • Churches

Rajaküla Old Believers’ Worship House

It is believed that the Raja congregation of Old Believers was established in the first quarter of the 18th century. The congregation was given permission to build its own church only in 1879. The church was destroyed during the Second World War – the only thing left is the belfry. The present worship house has 11 rooms. In 1854–1930 Gavriil Frolov lived in the worship house. He taught children icon-writing, reading and writing in Old-Slavic, also singing based on old musical notation.

  • Churches

Urvaste church and cemetery on the shores of Lake Uhtjärv

The EELC St. Urbanus' Church in Urvaste, Võru County is one of the oldest and most unique country churches. The earliest written records date back to 1413, which means that 600 years have passed since the church was first mentioned.The church we see today – a three-naved Gothic basilica – was consecrated on 5 September 1889. The entire interior of the church also dates back to this time. In 1938, The organ was built by the Kriisa brothers in 1938, while the church bells date back to 1832.From the yellow National Geographic window on the shores of Lake Uhtjärv, you can enjoy a breathtaking view over the Urvaste church and the primeval valley of Lake Uhtjärv. The window marks one of the 21 places worthy of discovery in South-Estonia.

  • Churches

St Michael’s Lutheran Church in Räpina

This church, dedicated to the archangel Michael, was completed in 1785. It stands on the shores of a man-made lake in Räpina and enjoys beautiful views over Sillapää castle and park. The walls of the church, which was constructed in Late Baroque style, are made from rendered natural stone. The front of the church is adorned with sculptures dating from the time of its construction, which symbolise Hope and Love.One of the church's most valuable assets, the two-part altar painting entitled 'The Appearance of the Risen Jesus to Mary Magdalene' and 'The Burial of Jesus', was painted by Carl Antropoff in 1871.

  • Churches

Tartu Old Believers Prayer House of the Estonian Association of Old Believers Congregations

Tartu Old Believers Prayer House is a small and cosy house of God in the hall under the tower of a large and impressive prayer house destroyed by bombing during the war. This is the only part of the house the congregation has managed to restore by today. You can also see icons from the 19th century and the works of local 20th century icon painters in the Tartu Old Believers Prayer House.Service in Russian takes place at 10 a.m. on Sundays.

  • Privacy Policy

"*"обозначает обязательные поля

Это поле используется для проверочных целей, его следует оставить без изменений.
Я разрешаю маркетинг