• Открой
    • Еда
    • Природа
    • Культура
    • Семья
    • Спорт
    • Сообщество
    • Блог
    У Вас появились свободные выходные, чтобы провести с детьми? Здесь собраны лучшие места в Южной Эстонии для семейного отдыха
  • Планируй
    • Размещение
    • Информация
    • Varamu
    Sustainability
RUS
  • РусскийRUS
  • EestiEST
  • EnglishENG
  • LatviešuLAT
  • SuomiFIN
RUS
  • РусскийRUS
  • EestiEST
  • EnglishENG
  • LatviešuLAT
  • SuomiFIN
Populaarsed otsingud:
Näita kõiki tulemusi
  • History & Culture
  • Art & design
  • Monuments

Friedrich Georg Wilhelm Struve Monument

Uppsala tn 2, Tartu linn, Tartu maakond, 51003

Opened in 1969, the Struve Monument is dedicated to the former director of the Tartu Observatory, Fr. G. W. Struve (15 April 1793 – 23 November 1864), a Russian astronomer and geodesist of German origin. Under his leadership, the meridian arc was measured between 1816 and 1855 to determine the shape and size of the globe.The monument is an abstract work, inspired by the spirit of its era, reflecting the pursuit of the human race into space. The lower part of the sculpture is a sundial and the upper part is an hourglass. The authors of the monument are Olav Männi and Udo Ivask.The Struve street and the geodetic arc are also dedicated to him in Tartu.

Часы работы

Круглый год

Ööpäevaringselt

Ссылки

Подробнее

  • Monuments

Monument to Friedrich Robert Faehlmann

The monument to Friedrich Robert Faehlmann – a bronze bust on a pillar of local grey granite – was opened in front of the Old Anatomical Theatre at Toomemägi, Tartu, on 18 May 1930. Friedrich Robert Faehlmann (1798 - 1850) was one of the founders of Estonian national literature, a physician and a democrat. He studied in Rakvere District School, Tartu Upper Secondary School and the Faculty of Medicine in the University of Tartu. Faehlmann worked as a physician in Tartu from 1824. He worked in the Old Anatomical Theatre. He was a lector of the Estonian language in the university and sometimes also gave lectures in pharmacology and prescriptions.

  • Monuments

Monument to Barclay de Tolly

Prince Michael Andreas Barclay de Tolly (1761–1818) was a Russian military commander and a field marshal general. Barclay de Tolly (Russian: Mikhail Bogdanovich Barclay de Tolly) was descended from a family of Baltic nobility. As a Russian military commander, Barclay de Tolly displayed talent and courage in several battles for which he was awarded 14 decorations. Barclay de Tolly has been awarded the Order of St. George (1st class), the title of a Count, the rank of a Field Marshal General, and the title of a Prince.The monument was erected in 1849. The authors are V. Demut-Malinovski and A. Stsedrin. Barclay de Tolly is buried in his family tomb in Jõgeveste.

  • Monuments

Monument to Jaan Tõnisson

The monument to the legendary Estonian statesman and journalist Jaan Tõnisson was established in 1999. Its authors are Mati Karmin and Tiit Trummal. Jaan Tõnisson was a legendary statesman and journalist who was prime minister from 1919 to 1920, the head of state from 1927 to 1928 and in 1933, the owner of the Postimees newspaper from 1896 to 1930 and the editor-in-chief of the Postimees from 1896 to 1935. Tõnisson was made an honorary citizen of Tartu in 1939.

  • Monuments

Petseri Statue of Liberty

The statue for those who perished in the War of Independence in Petseri county stands on the Statue of Liberty Square in Värska. The monument designed by sculptor Roman Haavamägi was supposed to be erected in the heart of the town of Petseri in the summer of 1940, but due to the Soviet occupation that started, the plan was abandoned. Only 80 years later, in 20 July 2020, the restored statue was opened here in Setomaa. The soldier figure was modelled and shaped in granite on the basis of photos by sculptor Tiiu Kirsipuu.The Statue of Liberty of Petseri was erected in remembrance of those nearly 350 Estonian soldiers who fell in the War of Independence in Petseri County, as well as the importance of the Tartu Peace Agreement for the Setos.

  • Monuments

Estonian War of Independence cemetery and monument at Võru cemetery

Those who fought and were killed in the Estonian War of Independence are buried here. The War of Independence started in November 1918 when Soviet Russia invaded the Republic of Estonia and ended on 2 February 1920 with the signing of the Tartu Peace Treaty. The monument was destroyed during the Soviet occupation. In 1987 the society Vaba Sõltumatu Noorte Kolonn Nr 1 (Free Independent Youth Fleet No. 1) started to clean up the graves of those who were killed in the War of Independence and the monument was reopened on 23 June 1988. In 2002 the city government of Võru started to renovate the burial ground. The monument erected by the Youth Fleet was torn down, but the slab and cross made by the fleet were used on the new monument.

  • Monuments

Monument to Villem Reiman

The new monument to Villem Reiman (1861-1917) was opened in 2004 and its author is Mati Varik.Villem Reiman was a pastor and a cultural persona who fought for the independence of the Estonian people as a figurehead of the Estonian national movement.

  • Monuments

Kalevipoeg – War of Independence Monument

Kalevipoeg is the Estonian national epic about the adventures of the hero called Kalevipoeg.In 1950, the memorial Kalevipoeg, which was dedicated to the soldiers who lost their lives in the War of Independence, was taken down by the occupying power. The monument was built by Amandus Adamson. In 1952, the monument to Kreutzwald, the Father of Song, was erected at the same location. Discussions over restoring the memorial Kalevipoeg were held since 1988, but in 2002, when the exhibition ‘Kalevipoeg in Sculpture’ took place, the restoration proptly started. Sculptor Ekke Väli modelled the momorial on the basis of photos, and he was consulted by Endel Taniloo, a senior sculptor, during the restoration of Kalevipoeg.

  • Monuments

Monument to Stefan Batory

In 1562, Walk (the old name of present-day Valga) along with the rest of Livonia was handed over to Poland as part of the ceasefire agreement of the Livonian War. The city rights of Valga were signed by Polish King Stefan Batory on June 11, 1584, based on his colonization policy. The king believed that land should be granted as hereditary property to new Catholic settlers (peasants, craftsmen, merchants) in Livonia and thereby strengthen Catholicism in Livonia.Therefore, there is a monument dedicated to Stefan Batory on Kesk Avenue in Valga, which was completed in 2002 as a joint effort of the city of Valga, and the Hungarian and Polish embassies.

  • Privacy Policy

"*"обозначает обязательные поля

Это поле используется для проверочных целей, его следует оставить без изменений.
Я разрешаю маркетинг